View Single Post
Old 17th April 2016, 19:50

306craig is on a distinguished road
Default New Tribute member

An update following a full weekend on the car:

Got home Friday just after lunch, and of course it was raining!!!! Typical! Anyway it didn't last long, so I got the second inner wing extension fitted, front wheels on and the car off axle stands, got the front end 'placed' on. See pic 20. I have got to say I am happy with those wheels and the look! I set too and measured up and started cutting out for the headlight bowls. Not a bad Friday night. And to make it even better I sold my rear bumper! Result.

Up and at it early Saturday and came up with a good idea. Now the front end is on, why not concentrate on the rear end, get that ready for fitting, get the rear end on so that at I can get my garage back! See pic 24. So I stripped the back end, fuel cap off, fuel filler neck dropped out, aeriel removed, see pic 21. Then set about the rear suspension - shocks out, new springs fitted (30mm drop), springs back in, new set of anti roll bar drop links fitted (had to cut them off, rusted solid). Then a mate of mine turned up so off to the pub!!!!

Sunday - a little later starting due to last nights festivities. I started on the 'slight' rot to the rear drivers side sill, see pic 22. At least I managed to save the inner sill - see 23. Got it plated, just need to grind back the weld and fill the (many) holes before slapping on some underseal. A good weekends work.

The weather forecast is fairly good for this week so hoping to have the back end on by next weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20.jpg (93.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 21.jpg (97.4 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (97.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 23.jpg (95.7 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg 24.jpg (96.4 KB, 81 views)