View Single Post
Old 24th April 2016, 20:37

306craig is on a distinguished road
Default New Tribute member

Well I think I have had quite a good weekend!!! Following my chat with Chris on Friday morning I came home and trimmed out the offending Mk1 wheel arch bits (see pic 27). No wonder I had got the entire back end wedged solid!!! Then re-aligned the back end, marked up, back off, fitted the rear 'parcel shelf', roughed up the top of the windscreen, loads of glue, back end back on (see pic 30). Result!!!!!!

Saturday saw me doing some gardening and generally pottering about the house, but got an hour or 2 to get the exhaust mid section changed (old one was rotten) and the new (fleabay new) twin exit back box fitted (see pic 31). Currently held up with zip ties, and will need a little bit of cutting / shaping of the rear skirt for it to fit properly, but a good idea of how it will look. Sounds reeeeeeally good too.

Weather wasn't brilliant today, but dry long enough for me to measure up and get the rear lights fitted, think they are looking good. Now off to fleabay to look for rear number plates and vintage rear reflectors a la original GTO.

Not bad for 3 weeks in I think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27.jpg (92.6 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 30.jpg (96.8 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg 31.jpg (97.4 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 34.jpg (97.3 KB, 97 views)