View Single Post
Old 16th November 2004, 12:20
Kit Car Dreamer

Neil is on a distinguished road
Default Should I or shouldn't I?

Hi everyone

I'm seriously considering building a Marlin Sportster and I'd appreciate some honest advice as to wether this is a good choice for my first build. I love the look of the car and I could spend a total of £10-11K for everything including a decent engine/wheels and tyres etc. Is this realistic?

Although I'm pretty competent technically, I haven't worked on a car for years (company cars mean dealer servicing/repairs and breakdowns mean hire cars) so my chief worry about building is could I make a decent job of it.

Critical for me is the quality of the instructions/build manual provided, and the after sale helplines etc. Are these up to scratch for a complete novice like me? Does everything fit together or do I need to modify metalwork/bodywork etc?

I have tons of questions/concerns, but I figure that if I at least make the right choice of car, everything else will come together in time.

I'd really appreciate your advice, I really want to do this and hopefully you'll remember your early concerns and take pity on me.
Available from eBay