Thread: Deed is done!
View Single Post
Old 16th August 2016, 09:37

smash is on a distinguished road

@Triumph Special - Yeah the bumpers do really change the look of the car - funny thing is for a moment when I took them off for a while I was thinking i actually quite like it without them! But once I saw them polished and fitted them back up they really do have a wow factor.

And yes DaveP, definitely falling in love with it as we slowly tick off the remaining things to do

@JaguarTVR - there is a place locally who do exactly the same process as used on the DNA bumpers - these guys here: http://www.chromespray.co.uk/process.html - very impressive. My plan is to get the grill surround done but i may need to buy a new surround first as the holes for the spotlights have been drilled where it's impossible to actually mount the spots. I could just cover them up with grommets and drill new ones - Chris has given me a quote on a new one so I need to think about that. While the surround is out I will get teh two grill retaining brackets powder coated - at the moment they appear to haev been rattle can'd satin black which is all pealing off. I'm thinking of getting the grill slats powder coated at the same time - easy to clean and added benefit of tightening the slots to stop the occasional rattling you get over bumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubodi Automotive View Post
Yes and doesn't the paint look great!

No pain yet.
Yep 90% does! At the same time tho that rear quarter photo highlights one one of the mop burn throughs I've been left to rectify - real shame that as you can see, there's clearly 2 inches of raw grp visible centre edge of the vent (even from that distance). It's a shame because all these things detract from the overall beauty of the car - people notice them when discussing the car, asking who built it etc.

Last edited by smash; 16th August 2016 at 10:47..