View Single Post
Old 5th March 2017, 08:20
Enthusiast

Nubodi Automotive is on a distinguished road

Hi Lucky

Ive bought dozens of these now so know a bit about them. I also used to repair salvage for two years from D Hales, repair them and sell on.
My advice is the front of these cars (Z3's) are very strong but the rears not so good. The No.7 car we are building was salvage and the front right leg of the main chassis is folded over but 95% straight and true so will not affect the drive. The left hand striker pin was a pig to get right though as they have to go in the slam panel perfectly straight or the bonnet will not 'pop up' when the lever is pulled. Copart.co.uk has a few Z3's for sale usually. Always check the front chassis legs for rust as this can mean they have creased and broke the weld.
On the wife's Z300s we bought a rear ended one and despite all my efforts could not get it right. Even with a Portapower the bootlid never lined up properly. The spotwelds in the boot can shear also.
We have just done a Kalifornia for a customer that was hit on the front right but it just bent the bottom wishbone. The wheel was nearer the rear part of the arch. A new one sorted it. The anti rollbar tends to spring back when released so these are good. Don't buy a wishbone without the 3 bushes and joints attached as they are a pig to fit. I have a perfect slam panel and wishbones etc if you need them? Have Z3's always breaking. Hope this helps?