View Single Post
Old 18th September 2017, 09:11
Enthusiast

Nubodi Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevemm View Post
Looks superb!!
Went to see Gary on Friday after collecting some kits from Chris at Tribute. I was keeping an open mind about the project as photos can be deceiving. I had never met Gary before but knew a bit about his background with the development with the Sammio.

Be assured this is a quality bit of kit. It has been well thought out and executed to a great engineering standard. Much planning and insight has gone into it. Jeff's (Hilltop)paint was as good as ever which would have highlighted any flaws in the moulding. The extra size up from previous models was a bonus, it's a proper sized car now. The exposed chassis in the cab was great. My only criticism was the look of the weld could be better here but its an easy fix and powder coating would sort most of it out.

The Triumph Herald side of it leaves me cold but I understand completely why hes gone down this route. It would be easy to replace the engine with a Jaguar 6 or Rover V8 but obviously the brakes and suspension would need an upgrade. I've done some calculations and the TVR range would fit with some slight modification. I think it's value lies in the shape being as generic as possible so you could make an Aston, Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa replica with minimal adjustments. I will be buying one.
Great job and I'm sure it's going to be a great success.