View Single Post
Old 25th August 2015, 19:03

y cymro is on a distinguished road

As a conceptual sketch, I think your design is excellent - and I'll buy one if you ever build it exactly like this with the usual caveat about price.

I can see a few issues around the size of wheels and how you'll manage to build the wheel arches as you plan to, and fill them with a suitable size of wheel. Seeing how you have captured the correct looking relationship between horizontal bonnet join, door handle, and top of the tyres, you'll notice that your proposed wheels appear to be around 22" dia or more, which look fantastic but will mess up the handling and acceleration, and the fronts may foul when steering.

I hope you can see what I mean from this:

You'll be entering a market with a design very similar to Anthony Cherry's Bertini:

I like Anthony's car very much though prefer the aggressive front design of yours. My feeling is that the Bertini front end doesn't have the presence expected of a sports car. I'd like to see your front on the Bertini whilst keeping the very pretty rear-end of that car. It would be interesting to see what your design ahead of the wheel centres would look like grafted onto the Bertini.

Anyway, please accept my comments in the positive manner in which I mean them. You have an excellent concept and it will be a shame to have to change it too much to get to production.
Good luck