View Single Post
Old 20th September 2011, 16:42

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc14 View Post
Nice! Can't wait to get started on mine. Have fun. John
Thanks John, much appreciated.

The weather's thrown a spanner in the works as far as progress goes today: I've had to dismantle the multi-purpose garage extension before it blew away.

As I'd assembled it on my drive I'd anchored it down with mega strong parachute chord tied to old paint buckets that I'd filled with concrete, which I figured would be heavy enough to stay put even in relatively strong winds.

I was absolutely right on that front, the buckets full of concrete are still exactly where I put them, but I hadn't bargained on the loops on the marquee failing and allowing the whole thing to move around. It's a good job I'd tied the tarpaulin I used as a floor to the inside of the frame and left the wheels in it or it would have taken off in a Dorothy's house fashion.

When I got home from work my aged parents (who live next door) had tried to help by taking the side panels off. This allowed the wind to get inside and made the whole thing collapse so I was confronted by a couple of frazzled pensioners struggling to hold down what looked like the remains of the Hindenberg.

Oh well, these things are sent to try us...