View Single Post
Old 19th August 2012, 13:22

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Micha,
You kind of answer your own questions ...
I cannot and would not comment on the quality of that build but as you say ...'' the one that appears to be nicely built and trimmed...''

My experiences over the years have proven to me that shiny paint and new trim doesn't make a good car necessarily...In the Hot Rod circles , there are many beautifully finished cars that look and photograph like a million dollar car ....some of these cars have got the worst engineering you have ever seen ..there was a string of very dangerous Boyd style cars built in the U.K. about 10-15 years ago ...they won lots of prizes , multiple magazine features etc...but were undriveable !

Then you get a 'survivor' style Rat that looks like dung but is beautifully constructed underneath...

What gripes me is that you are very opinionated about the whole concept....it is a low buck bit of fun if you want it to be or you can build a totally new TUV style car.....or anything inbetween....

I get the impression from your postings that you want a perfectly finished , totally refurbed , period perfect , better than new car for the value you put them at of around three grand !!

Now you can have the perfect car or you can have the three grand car ....but you won't get both !!

Now I may be getting you wrong ....I do make mistakes , but I kind of feel that maybe you are on the wrong forum.....

The best way to show everyone the correct path is to build the car you think the Sammio should be , everything engineered and finished as it should be , decent paint etc.....no one will be looking for absolutely perfect , perhaps something like Phil9's or Barry's from Norfolk....and then so that we know you are a man who stands by your statements , an honourable man and not just an antogonist ....you must offer it for sale on various forums for the high end price of three grand !!

To get you started ...and I am sure Andy will help me here , we can offer you a decent discount on your kit as long as you post a FULLY comprenhensive build diary on here showing everyone the correct way to build your car....