View Single Post
Old 19th August 2012, 13:23

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

micha, There is no doubt that there are a number of vehicles out there that have been built purely for personal pleasure and with the best of intentions. This doesn't mean that they are built in a professional manner nor are deemed to be safe (even with an MOT). Buyer beware.

I have seen pictures of welded parts and chassis repairs on this website which the builder might find acceptable and would seem to hold the parts together that other builders might find less than impressive.

The level of the standard of build varies. If during inspection a car shows careless over-spray, badly ground down pigeon sh*t welds, damaged screw / bolt heads, loose or badly tied wiring, poor hoses, uncared for engine then unless it was very cheap and for parts only or for a strip down and rebuild it would not be conscionable.

There is a real danger that a badly built car (not subject to IFA) is sold onto an unsuspecting person, which due to the negligence of the builder, causes a serious accident, with the possibility that ALL altered vehicles will require an IFA....

I think we owe it to everyone to build the best car we can and if in any doubt get a professional in.

micha, I'm assuming that you are interested in Sammio vehicles and have a genuine reason for your postings, the reason for which I am unclear. If you are simply being misunderstood then I apologise, but if you are posting simply to inflame or cause trouble then you are being as naive as three uninvited girls in a Cathedral broadcasting a an anti-government song against an ex-KGB thug who happens to be the most powerful person in the country residing not more than 500 metres away, not sure you (or they) really thought this through.

Last edited by Nike55; 19th August 2012 at 15:57.. Reason: Premature 'reply' button thump