Thread: Ribble News
View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:58

AndyP85 is on a distinguished road

Thankyou T :

A lot of hard work has gone in to these cars and there is still more hard work to come with the others!

We were very pleased when our German customer specified the modifications to make it look reminiscent of #274 though without the wheel arch and headlight scoops. I am going to try and get some footage of it running as the noise it makes is lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Nice to see things are going well guys.

Also nice to see the pictures that show how dedicated you are to providing a quality product to the buying customer - both those export turnkeys are a credit to you.

Interesting that someone else has chosen to go with a D24 racing number - as I'm sure you're all already aware, #274 was the car that Felice Bonetto drove to victory in the 1953 Bologna Raticossa Pass 43.2km hill-climb, seven seconds faster than second placed Lancia teammate Eugenio Castellotti (driving #260, a D23/24 hybrid). Bonetto's winning time of 26 minutes, 03.2 seconds, gave him an average speed of 99.488kph, and was 40 seconds ahead of the closest Maserati (3rd), and a whopping 1 minute 25 seconds faster than the top placed Ferarri in 6th place.

And to think I was able to recite all that from my comprehensive knowledge of Lancia heritage without referring to Italian pages on Wikipedia and translating them into English even a bit...

Oh, and in case anyone's forgotten, this picture was my inspiration -

For this -