View Single Post
Old 9th January 2013, 17:10

ROBBOC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspace View Post
Waiting for a full engineers report should have it in about a week if anyone is interested.
If you're reluctant to summarise the engineer's conclusions here, Inspace, will you post them elsewhere and tell us where to look, please? If all else fails I believe you can publish pages of text on YouTube by photographing them as if for a video - we then pause to read. Might be best to keep the initials CR out of it, but we'll all know what you mean.

Although I appreciate the Madabout moderators' concerns, understanding what can go (and has gone) wrong in commissioning a build is vitally important for ordinary guys who'll struggle to afford to do it once, even. We absolutely have to avoid as many pitfalls as possible - and there's enough room for mistakes to happen unintentionally, without anyone's help, shall we say.

I was fortunate, my one build was a Caterham Super 7, and almost everything was impressively thought through, with the potential difficulties ironed out well ahead of me coming along... In fact things went ballistic at work and prevented my finishing it, but by then my younger son had grown up and joined the RAF, and completed the build for me in the hobby workshops they provide for servicemen - and did it beautifully, I must add.