View Single Post
Old 9th December 2021, 08:07

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_n View Post
Mick

Is this a distant relative ?
Good shout!

Back in '68 my sister's then boyfriend bought an up-and-running Super Two, a kit which used that Hamblin Cadet bodyshell. It was the cheapest on the market at £99:0:0, although the floor was an extra!

It prompted me to buy my Lotus VI from the girl next door's boyfriend for £100 and spark a lifelong interest in kit cars. In the 80s, around the time I was building my first Dutton Phaeton, I joined the Fairthorpe Sports Car Club and tried to track down a Super Two, but without success. When the Monaco burst on the scene at £499 circa '86 I immediately sent for the brochure (a pound coin taped to card and an SAE were needed IIRC) and began a 30 year dream...

I've seen a good few Super Twos over the years at the Specials Day held at the Cotswold Wildlife Park each August, and have many photo's taken there, although this evocative period one is my favourite.

There are a couple of FB groups which cater for nostalgia freaks such as myself: '50s/60s Special builders' and 'Homebuilt Cars from scratch or kits', both absolute mines of information!

Season's Greetings

Mick

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 9th December 2021 at 12:10..