View Single Post
Old 10th March 2017, 13:46

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

2 coats of Reface on the front clam. I bought a cheap gun from Ebay for about £20 with a 2.5 nozzle. The Reface tech sheet says 2.0>3.0, I have a reasonable compressor with a 150 litre tank but it is hobby rather than pro. It takes a while for the paint to come out of the gun, in hindsight I think the 3.0 nozzle would have been better. Saying that it's gone on ok and is baking now. It was 60f this morning and my small space heater has brought the temperature up in the gazebo to just over 80f.

Now all I've got to do is get the paint of you know who's food mixer before she gets back from work, otherwise i'll be sleeping in the gazebo tonight. Hope to get it flatted down tomorrow and a coat of primer filler on over the weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised by how little filler I had to use, most of the shaping was sanding down the gel coat rather than building it up with filler. Being white it is very hard to see low and high spots so I found the best way was to close my eyes and do it by feel. This can be quite boring so just imagine you are giving Liz Hurley a breast exam. It's surprising how thorough you can be, looking forward for another go as soon as the paint is dry!

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 10th March 2017 at 13:50..