View Single Post
Old 8th January 2022, 10:27

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Ha ha, I do speak a bit of French myself - know thine enemy is my mantra - and it came in quite handy for a bit of entente cordiale when I found myself working alongside a Squadron of Mirages in the Middle East. We were never sure if they were really there, though...

Back to EV's, I've just watched the latest episode of Fifth Gear Recharged (on Quest), where they tested electric delivery vans from VW and Mercedes Benz.

Long story short, both useless for the intended role - maximum 80 mile range, max speed 56mph (VW) and 50mph (MBz), with the Merc slowing to 20mph flat out up a modest hill with a 300kg load in the back.

They also drove the original Tesla Roadster, but left out the most crucial thing I would be interested in - what had 15 years of use done to the battery pack and range?

I find the show a bit irritating, they don't ask the important questions but always time the EV's they test, including the vans, around a half mile race track, which is totally pointless. As a potential EV customer, what I really want to know is can I drive from the East Coast of England to the West Coast of Wales without getting into a sweat about range. Still worth a watch, though.

Last edited by Mister Towed; 8th January 2022 at 10:33..