View Single Post
Old 30th January 2012, 21:14

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Quick Update.....

I woke up this morning to find the back end of the car had fallen off the axle stands - I forgot to choc the front wheels Luckily no damage done, and I managed to pick up the "wheelbarrow" and put it back on the stands - and chocked up the front wheels this time!

Also, I am up to £939.17 on the ebay sales for most of the bits I don't need, with another 5 lots ending this week, so hopefully another £100 or so there.

I also weighed in a load of old car panels and bits I had lying around including some engine cases and frames, making a total of £115.50 for the 30 minute round trip! Seems like the general metalwork was £195/tonne (I had 260kg) and the Cast Aluminium was £810/tonne (I had 80kg).

I also managed to win an engine hoist on ebay for £78 and it is just local too! I borrowed a friend's last time and he wanted it back right in the middle of the rebuild, so I figured I would buy my own and then resell it when I have finished!!

Also dug out my parts washer from the back of the garage and started to clean some of the very dirty suspension bits, so they can be painted a suitable shade of chassis black.

So I am steaming on - trying to get as much done while I have the enthusiasm..... Gary, I am aiming to get the rest of money together for my kit by the end of Feb.... hope that is okay.