View Single Post
Old 15th September 2014, 20:34

davecymru is on a distinguished road

And after a long weekend, the front of the bulkhead is etch primered and painted.

New battery clamps fabricated and the battery is fitted.

Air filters are on (left protective covers on them for now!)

New points, condenser, plugs and leads all fitted.

The Final lengths of brake and clutch lines were run and attached with my nice shiny rubber lined P-Clips! (another thing i promised myself i would use on my next build )

The new +ve and -ve power lines have all been made up and clipped in place and the wiring loom has been run back-to-front!
Obviously the loom is still loose at the ends until i fit the shell (you can see the front part cable tied to the front cross member in my 2nd pic) , but i will be wiring up and trying all lights and indicators and dials, gauges and switches "before" i fit the shell as i'm not messing around with the shell fitted like i did with the Sammio!

Note: Rocker cover breather filter is on order!

Then i realised that as i'm using a totally std cooling system i could fit the expansion bottle. So i found where the old panel had been.... carefully stored.... (cough)thrown(cough) and removed the expansion bottle bracket.

That was stripped, primed and painted and then a length of alloy angle was riveted to one of the front frame uprights to give me just the position i was after to mount the bottle.

It's a lot lower than it looks in that photo and the top is below the cross member.

I've also fitted the wire wheel adapters and with any luck tomorrow i'll try and start her up!!