View Single Post
Old 11th April 2019, 19:04
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default Mini update.....

It's been a while since my last update and to be honest I haven't made a great deal of progress due to other priorities.

The wiper motor drive and 'bundy' tubes have been fitted. The original copper tubes have been replaced with steel tubes from SVC who cut and flare them to your specific requirements. It's a messy job as you have to coat the drive shaft with lashings of grease as you assemble it into the tubes and through the wheelboxes.

Wiper wheelboxes by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

The wiper motor has been cleaned up, re-greased inside and installed. It came fitted with a 110 degree cam wheel but The Royale owners club suggest you should use a 100 degree wheel. I'll wait and see what the sweep is like before investing in a new wheel. It's difficult to test until the windscreen is back in and the wiring is completed.

Wiper motor installed by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Unfortunately, the brand new heater resistor pack that I bought was not compatible with the Sabre's loom and heater switch. Luckily I found this used one on ebay from an early Sierra in excellent condition.

Heater motor connections by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Back to progress on installing the loom, I've mounted the relays behind the dashboard instruments. I measured to check there is sufficient clearance behind the instruments wiring. The original loom came with relay sockets for indicator flasher, intermittent wipers, main beam and dipped beam relays and I have added two more for the radiator cooling fan and a pair of driving lights. Easy to get to should they ever need changing by just popping out the dashboard.

Relays by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Well that's all for now and next update will be in about 3 weeks time.........

.........peter