View Single Post
Old 5th September 2014, 09:02

IanA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman View Post
... If you have a genuine passion for the Kit Car movement then PLEASE try to encourage it...
I encourage it by attending shows and spending money with the organisers and the trade stands who attend and have done so for the last 12 years and intend to continue to do so. I own three kit cars.

I also encourage it by telling people outside the movement why I drive these cars and how good a social life attending shows brings.

Malvern, Detling, Stafford, Exeter, Newark, Castle Combe, now Malvern again - I listen to the traders telling me how the price of stands is increasing and how much their on-line sales are increasing as a proportion of their business. They're the people who need encouragement- not the "I want free entry in my kitcar because without us you don't have a show" types.

Economics comes into play as well, organiser costs are rising, people don't have the leisure money to spend on trips, or the spare time to enjoy them. Maybe when the economy really picks up, we'll see a change.

And if it were the fact that the existing shows were expanding to compensate for the defunct ones, there would be more cause for optimism but to take Stoneleigh as a case in point, it is a shadow of its former years.

Perhaps body kits like Tribute's will turn the tide against this as they don't require the expensive IVA procedure- I hope so.

As for my (conditional on racing) "can't see it continuing" statement- that's an opinion of mine- I couldn't be happier than to be proved wrong.