View Single Post
Old 9th May 2016, 06:27

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post

I think some people need to be educated to understand what they are getting when they buy a kit and how it is arrived at . GRP work has lots of variables and hand finished GRP is just that. Its not a perfect art but I think Tribute products are very good value for money car kits for the enthusiast to build up at home.
Agreed 100%. I accept that some people don't have the skills to build their car but have the money to pay someone else to do it for them and that's fine, but those of us who do build our own cars seem to have a better understanding that there will be the odd issue with the body/paint/mechanicals on what is effectively a unique, hand built car.

Here's the reality: Tribute and Nubodi supply their product and expertise and the end result can suffer the odd glitch, just as brand-new mainstream cars can too. The difference is that with a new car you get a warranty and pay a lot more money for the privilege, while anything that looks even half as good is going to cost the wrong side of £35k. Think of a Tribute as being a potentially temperamental classic car and you won't go far wrong.

If you're not prepared to maintain the Tribute model, including correcting any paintwork/bodywork irritations that crop up with a smile on your face, I suggest you walk into your nearest high-end sports car dealership waving a very large cheque.