View Single Post
Old 10th October 2014, 09:23

mas123mas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iTim View Post
Hi mas,i weighed mine prior to engine and trans, rear was 80 kg, front was 77kg with disc conversion on a '61 chassis. The internet said the engine is 120kg and gearbox 34, but it didnt feel that heavy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc F View Post
Well, let's see :-) I bought 3 from Aldi this week that suggest 200kg each, so that should be more than enough. I plan to take the body off while I sort the mechanicals, then reunite them back together again on teh floor. But for doing the mechanicals these trestles seem a good idea.
Will take a chance, I have order some Firenze Red, enough to paint one of my Land Rovers and the body work of the Miglia, so I will have matching tow car.

Land Rover will be ready considerable quicker than the Miglia (as I have paid someone to get some of my projects finished).

One Land Rover (out off 12) and one of Range Rover 2-Doors (out of 3 (was 5)) should be complete by the time I get back from Vietnam. I have also had a clear out this time home (sold a Land Rover and a two of my Range Rovers), also thinking of sell a complete Triumph Vitesse MK2, that I have still not had time to collect from Nottingham, would have loved to had this as well, but time in the UK and family things are getting in the way of me playing with my toys.