View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2017, 21:38

Badrep is on a distinguished road

Stripped the interior completely this weekend and the roll cage ordered.

It's finally losing it's hairdresser vibe and coming a bit more racecar.

Which is awesome.

This curved edge really annoys me. Need more square..... need more 80's!

However, I'm a big fan of the steel bar that is behind the dash normally - looks rough and raw. I'm going to make a feature of it with the dash I think.

The roll cage is ordered now from custom cages - it'll be about 3 weeks until I get it. I'm basically not going to sleep until I have that cage in my arms.

In other news, I'm awaiting mounts for the engine to be sent from a very nice Volvo expert from another forum so I've not got anywhere with mounting the T5 since the last one. I have however made some choices to swith to the 850 intake manifold rather than the V70/S60 one that I have now. I've been told that there is almost zero in them in terms of performace difference and the 850 one curves downward creating a bit of space between the cockpit wall at the top - the V70 one sticks quite far forward and clashes a little with the firewall.

I'm going to start assembling all parts of the engine before I completely mount it - I'm getting more and more worried about ancillaries clashing with the chassis/body.