View Single Post
Old 15th January 2013, 18:31

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Sorry chaps, it was my own fault really, I tried to be polite and subtle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
micha - Welcome to my build thread.
I'm not worried about the V5Cs of the cars in the photos, the context was their front indicators, nothing else.
Micha - To remove any doubt whatsoever...
This is my build thread where I am documenting my build as best I can.
I hope that there may be things on here that might help others with their builds.
I also encourage other Sammio / Ribble builders to guide me & exchange tips & ideas.
It can also be used by my friends and family to see what I am getting up to.

It is NOT somewhere for you to complain about anything what so ever!
If I give you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you don't know what poor forum form that is.
So if you must continue to rant, please take it away from here and onto the main forum, thanks.

Everyone else - Carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecymru View Post
... Now back to our main feature ...
And here is something I prepared earlier...

Goldilocks & the 3 front indicator choices...
Well my Classic Mini front indicators arrived in the post and thankfully they do look "just right".

For the record, the new Mini lens is 54mm diameter vs. 70mm for the rear lens & 25mm for side repeater.

However, there are still two things I need to do before the indicators are ready for use:
The first is to add a separate earth wire that will be connected to the metal rim around the bulb holder.
As these lights were designed to be mounted to metal body work that would provide the required earth.
( This tip came from watching the Mark Evans "A Car Is Born" programme, as he used similar lights. )

The second job will be to establish the best place, & best way, to mount them onto the bonnet itself.
Whilst certainly not an urgent job, it would make a good little job for me to start working with fibre glass.
As I'd rather see how it all works with something small before I need to tackle something more substantial.
I just need to check the minimum working temperature as it may remain cold outside for a while.

Stretching the fairy story theme a little bit further…

One hump, or two?
Once upon a time I talked about building a second car with twin humps after I had finished my first car.
That idea quickly when out of the window when the cold reality of building this one dawned on me.

However, one of the interesting developments in the far away land of 'Ribble Kits & Classics' is humps.
All the future bodies with come out of the mould without humps, which will then be available separately.
This raises the possibility of buying an "extra" hump & retro fitting this car into a twin hump set up.

I will give this some serious thought, as I am conscious I already have quite an extensive "To Do" list as it is!
Once I have established just how many humps my car will have, I will order some padded heads for them.
I intend to use the company that did Mister Towed's interior, as they did a great job on his head rest.

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 8th September 2019 at 09:43..