View Single Post
Old 5th February 2015, 07:53

davecymru is on a distinguished road

It's SO Cold!!!!! So it's currently lots of little jobs, or jobs chopped up into smaller parts!

The rear part of the car has now had the paint flatted and polished so i could fit the rear lights and the period reflectors that i picked up which i quite like as they come on angled rubber mounts!

When i was selling the Lambo and thinking about all the things i was going to do on this build i did have it in mind that I was going to cut out parts of the rear and recess the lights... and... and... and...

But I've decided to keep it simple for this first phase so I've ended up with the below: (which despite everything being measured when positioned, does look wonky in this photo!!!)

I've also quickly fabricated an alloy heat shield/trim in the same manner as my filler cap ring, to tidy up around the exhaust.

And the reason that it's still up on axle stands is that I've been paneling in the rear wheel arches. Those are nearly done and just need a bit of tidying up.

Nearside:

(yes i know i need to level the bottom of the panels where they join )

Offside

The join needs to be fettled (whacked with an ammer) to flat it out, but my fingers were numb by this point!

I am quite happy with how they have turned out and the curved panels around the ends of the fuel tank mounts i am especially happy with, despite them being cut and formed on my lap, while sitting on a plank of plywood on the drive!