View Single Post
Old 17th February 2015, 12:39

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Well what a weekend that was...

I picked up my pressed alloy (B&W) number plates and fitted those and what a motivation boost that was!

I also picked up the door edging strip and fitted it around each door where the alloy and fiberglass meet and it _really_ starts to make things look more _finished_

I also measured (twice) the rubber seal i'd need for the bonnet and managed to pick up a 5m length at the weekend.

Fitted it looks superb!

Although sadly the bonnet no longer closes!! as the D part is simply not compressing enough

So I've left that for now and will come back to that when i regain my sense of humor....

Additionally to that, i also manged to pick up replacement temp and fuel gauges at the auto-jumble on Sun and so i now have a working Fuel gauge
(Note to the original owner of my Vitesse as i know he'd want to know - both the fuel tank sender and the gauge were gone in the end )

I've also done the paint corrections on the main tub, painted the drivers door red and _finally_ finished filling pin holes in the passengers door!!

Jobs for this week..... TBH i've got so much done the weekend i want a few days to get my head around what's left