View Single Post
Old 27th February 2015, 09:20

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Cheers matey.

--

While I've not been making a massive amount of progress over the past two weeks due to real life getting in the way, i am getting there!

The dash instruments are all now in and working and I've just got to tidy up routing of the speedo cable. The hole i had to cut in the dash between the large dials to get to my main earth point, I've decided just to blank off for now using more alloy and rivets, but ultimately i am thinking about fitting a period analogue clock there

When i had finished fabricating and fitting the vertical grill, i had also purchased an off-cut of interwoven stainless mesh off of this company who also advertise on e-bay.
http://www.themeshcompany.com/
The mesh is going behind the side vents, but before i chopped it up i held a bit behind the grill just to see what it looked like, and it looked a _lot_ more... "finished".

So i purchased a larger sheet and i am now using the same mesh on the side vents and also behind the grill!

It looks good in the garage and i can't wait to see what it looks like out in the open.