View Single Post
Old 12th February 2021, 19:50
Mister Towed's Avatar
Mister Towed Mister Towed is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,214
Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

With my apologies to Redratibike, the lights are covered by the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989 rather than Construction and Use -

Given that your donor looks like a Mk IV or 1500, so 1970 to 1980, you'll need: a rear number plate lamp; a matched pair of red tail lights; a matched pair of red stop lights (can be integrated into the tail lights and you can have a single, central stop lamp if registered pre 1971) a matched pair of amber indicators; a matched pair of red reflectors; and, if registered after 1st April 1980, a red fog light or pair of fog lights.

The distances apart/from the edges/visibility angles are all covered in the schedules, but it's quite straightforward.
Reply With Quote