View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2014, 12:30

Paul L is on a distinguished road

As far as the original Sammio Spyder is concerned, I think "cheap & cheerful" is a fair description.

However, the politest way that I can describe the original Sammio Cordite was "cheap & nasty".

Gary looked me in the eye and told me all the small symmetry issues with the Spyder (see Mr T's post above) had been fixed on the Cordite.

So I honestly believed there was going to be less work required on the Cordite compared to the Spyder.

If Gary had not sold the business I would have returned everything to him under the sale of goods act.
( As it was neither as described, of satisfactory quality, nor fit for purpose. )

But as AndyP57 had just taken over, I decided to support his new venture and work with what I had.

Obviously I had no idea just how much work would actually be required, but that is another story.

If Chris & Dan can help Micky1Mo produce a body shell that works "out of the box", with no modifications required, it will be a real winner.

There is still plenty of scope for each builder to add their own individual touches to areas like the dash, cockpit interior, rear lighting, etc.

I'd love to see more Spitfire based Sammio Spyders on the road, as there seems to be a lot of abandoned Cordites out there.

Anyway, I hope that didn't come across as too much of a RANT, as I wish Mike all the best.
( And will update the useful links thread properly when the dust has settled. )

Good luck, Paul.