View Single Post
Old 25th November 2017, 16:40

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Did some more working out and moving forward today ...

THE CAR SITS QUITE HIGH ON ITS STANDARD SUSPENSION . Eric wanted to retain the stock rear shocks without cutting them so the only option really was to raise the top mounts or lower the bottom ones ..Tops was easier .
I didn't want to weld anything to the chassis so a new bolt on crossmember has been made from some 60x40 box and bolted to the car through the original shock mounts using crush tubes instead of the shock top mount , I drilled the tubular crossmember and bolted it through that as well with bracketry both sides of the member to totally trap the new piece and make it very strong ...where the ends touch the exiting tubular framework , I welded it to the tubes here ..When the framework is removed from the car , you will remove the 4 bolts and it will lift away with the frame .....The action of fitting mounts 65mm higher than originally and swing the shocks out to meet them , has lowered the car 50mm ..which is good news ..

I also managed to get the handbrake fitted ..Stock Scimitar handbrake and entire mechanism has been fitted to the passenger side of the centre tunnel using a 20x20 box frame to hold the piece that retains the two outer cables and some homemade brackets have been fitted to hold the lever ...front one has a tubular leg to brace it , rear one has a strengthening web to the rear of it , so as not to foul the mech. when being operated ...