View Single Post
Old 21st June 2017, 14:36

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Gary - Thanks for the detailed reply.

Unfortunately, I was already outside the house at the time you posted, so I only saw it after I'd painted the body shell.

However, I did take a lot of comfort from the fact that you confirm it is probably madness to be even attempting to paint in this heat.

It is not so much that I am rushing the finishing stages, more that I have simply spent too long on this project already and I am out of time.

Especially as my daughters have now said they don't like the amount of time I spend on the car rather than with them.

Although to put that into context, they are teenagers who also don't like what I wear, the music I listen to, the TV shows I watch, etc. etc.

But all jokes aside, they have their A Levels and GCSEs next year and I want to spend more time supporting them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Froggyman Cheers.

With the car parked on the driveway, I need to put the covers back before I go to bed this evening.
( Just so no one passing by gets tempted to do anything stupid. )

Thankfully, the paint will have had almost 12 hours in this heat by then, so it should be OK.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P-Day - Part 1

[Game of Thrones] Rain Is Coming [/House of Stark]

So despite today being predicted as the hottest day in June for 40 years, the thunder and lightening arrives tomorrow.

Which meant I had no time to lose and simply just had to make the best of it, there was no escape, it was Paint-Day.

By 8.30am, I had sanded some high spots, brushed the dust off, used a tack cloth and some panel wipe.

Which left the body shell looking like this.

At this time of the morning, the sun hits the front of the driveway as it is still rising.

So I had to start in the rear corner on the driver's side and work my way out.

Just for added fun and games, across the road, my neighbour was having the finishing touches put on his new driveway.

Which equated to the noise of an angle grinder cutting up slabs and the risk of dust blowing over my fresh paint.

Still, no one said it would be easy!

I filtered the paint into a separate container, which was easier to carry around.

End of Part 1…