View Single Post
Old 24th January 2015, 15:37

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Slowly Shaping Up - Part 2:
In the afternoon I sanded down the area around the indicator template.

Then pushed it out from behind and clearly I need to add a bit of filler bring this up to a level surface all around.

Then I removed any filler in front of the original hole in the bonnet & marked up where the bottom edge of the indicator was.

After a bit more sanding to soften the bottom edge, I had a pretty good fit.

I also finished off the sanding of the grille opening edges & gave a rough sand to the extra filler on the side of the nose.
( As I will add a skim of normal filler to this for what I hope will be the final shape. )

All this work has left the bonnet looking very sorry for itself.

I wanted to double check these indicator positions on my computer screen before doing any more filler work.

So I gave the front of the bonnet a dusting of etch primer to make it easier to see where I was.

I think the indicators mounts have ended up OK and will only required a small bit of filler "fine tuning".

Note:
I really like the way the grille opening edge has turned out, now I can see it in one colour.

I also came across this photo of the front view of a Miglia Speedster on Thurcroft Flyer's build thread the other day.

As I have often said, the Speedster is clearly a big improvement on the original Cordite.

But even if my bonnet still isn't perfect after all this work, it too is clearly a big improvement on the original.

Until next time, take care, Paul.