View Single Post
Old 17th September 2017, 11:38

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Moulleur - Thanks for the tips.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cutting My Loses:
With rain in the forecast, I couldn't take the chance of painting, as it wouldn't be dry in time for the covers to go back on.

And the sky over head also didn't give me much confidence that I would get a decent run at the sanding either.

So I just peeled back the covers from the rear.

Then I mixed up some fibreglass filler and used it along the slight crack on the underside of the boot floor.
( The fresh filler is green and the grey is where the etch primer was previously applied. )

Not easy to work on, or get a decent photo of, but this was part of the damage caused when the car fell off the jacks.

Originally, I had to bridge the gap between the metal floor of the boot and the fibreglass body shell.

I did this by bonding in a series of plywood panels which was then covering in fibreglass matting.

The crack appeared where the outside edges of the fibreglass overlapped the boot floor.

So there is no structural damage, but I just wanted to seal it all up before adding some Tetroseal.

I then made a token start on removing the masking tape from the boot rain channel.

Unfortunately, this is all a bit of a mess as I've left tape on too long.

I had also changed the height of the join between the paint in the rain channel and the body work.

So I now have a black, grey primer & BRG in a row.

Anyway, there is some family stuff going on shortly, so that takes priority over everything else.

Until next time, take care, Paul.