View Single Post
Old 8th February 2022, 09:10
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default I'm back.........

(Ok, trying again without the pound sign)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well after Christmas and the new year I took a short break from car building to carry out some important home improvements. Still got lots to do but my New Year resolution is to 'finish' my Sabre this year, so I better crack on ......

So, I was back in the garage this week tackling something I wasn't really happy with last year.....
Whilst browsing the internet over Christmas I came across these motorised door lock mechanisms. There are multiple sellers on ebay but this set cost me just 12.95GBpounds including postage which I thought was a bargain and worth a punt.

Remote door locks by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

And for an additional 11.36GBpounds, I could add this remote control box and two rather nice control fobs. The box has a number of features including flashing the side indicators when you lock or unlock.

They have been sitting on the shelf for a while so it was time to try them out and see if they work.
They are pleasingly well made and came with clear wiring instructions and have a good strong action. They were easily fitted in the Sabre's door and work perfectly.

I now have the other door to do and to fit the interconnecting wiring. I also need to find suitable locations for the control boxes.

I've also tested my windscreen washers and wipers against the requirements in the IVA manual.
Bizarrely, you have to simulate the washer jets being blocked and check that the washer pump doesn't fail!
The wipers are required to have two speeds.
One has to be at least 45 cycles per minute. The second has to be between 10 and 55 cycles per minute and at least 15 cycles per minute different to the first.
Mine passed, phew!

So a good start to the year and next week I'll be fitting the locks to the second door....

....peter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post posting note: well that worked fine, thanks John

Last edited by peterux; 8th February 2022 at 09:12.. Reason: Post posting note added