View Single Post
Old 21st February 2012, 09:49

dino_gt is on a distinguished road

Hi In-Space;

Let´s comment a little bit about this kit with the purpose of giving more information to the people on this forum that may need it.

I have to say that the price you paid for the kit would have been reasonable if, of course, all the parts I mentioned in the previous post were supplied.

Looking at the pictures, the bodyshell needs extra work before painting, not little, and front bulkhead, inner tub and rear bulkhead are missing, and this is not a minor thing either.

Let´s assume that doors, bonnet, engine cover and boot lid, windscreen and rear screen and door frames are supplied by Gordon, otherwise it would be nonsense to take the kit as it is.

There are of course other things such as door hinges, locks and strikers, door latches, bonnet, engine cover and boot hinges as well, which would be an extra cost in case of accepting the kit as it is.

I wouldn´t need to say that there are more things such as the gear change mechanism on the gearbox to invert the gear lever movement on it or the interior door covers, consoles, electric window motors, etc. which would increase the final cost and add extra work and complications.

The complications are even worse than the extra spending, as you will have to look for a solution that, if you are not an engineer, would maybe not able to find it and end up looking for someone to do it for you, adding more extra cost.

Let´s also consider that the wheels or the seats are not included in the price, which is common in other kits.

A kit comprising all the above mentioned items was being sold by Gordon in the region of 14,000 pounds, according to magazines and his website.

All that said, I have to say that Gordon seems to have improved the chassis, as he was using the Deon chassis design, except for the centre tunnel, which he removed.

However, believe it or not, I´ve seen worse kits than yours: chassis and body shells, coming from Gordon, needing much harder work and many more hours working on them to get them right.

In all cases there were parts missing, what indicates that Gordon is not capable of making a complete kit, which is necessary to keep your costs at a reasonable level and avoid more hours of hard work to finish the car.

Also, not only the part is missing but also the information on what to look for, where to find it and how to install it, etc, and this happens with lots of parts.

I hope I have helped other people wondering about the Dino kit coming from classic replicas.

I also wish that you In-space can get your money back which is what you deserve.

Kind regards

Dino_GT