View Single Post
Old 19th December 2015, 12:39

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Yep, appreciate that WCA, I know Gary let a few people down towards the end of his ownership of the business. The next owners also got themselves a bit of a reputation for being a bit pimpernel when customers had complaints. Gary's resurrection of the 'special' did allow me to build a car I never thought I could afford though.

As for the difference in quality between Sammio and Tribute, again, totally agree with that, but is it a case of double the price, double the quality?

My Spyder 'kit' comprising bodyshell, supporting frame, windscreen and dash came in at just over £1,100. The 250 California kit is going to cost me about three times that, so I'd expect the quality to match the price, and from what I've seen of the demonstrators and customer cars, it does.

There's still a market for the more expensive kits for people avec plus d'argent que de bons sens though, just go to any kit car show and look at all the £35k+ Cobras, some of which are even quite tastefully finished. No, really, I did see one once...

Last edited by Mister Towed; 19th December 2015 at 12:43..