View Single Post
Old 20th February 2012, 21:50

Inspace is on a distinguished road

In reply to your Q's Dino GT
The car I was offered was part built when I saw it for the first time. Gordon told me that the previous owner had fell ill and asked for the car tobe sold by Gordon to recoup his loses, I didn't question this but why would I. It was much later I realised the car was still owned by another customer in their eyes and Gordon had simply stopped contacting him. When I was due to pick the car up nearly I visited to see progress. when I got there the car was virtually the same although Gordon had changed the chassis for his own reasons but without consulting me. This was the first delay I tolerated.
I can't really answer about the doors hinges with conviction. All the rest of what you mention was supposed to be included in the price and the work done after my initial payment then a settlement on completion. I chose wheels and interior colour in leather but it all started going wrong when nothing was happening with the car after months. Now I look back it was just a few hours of Gordon's time to go though this with me and then he could carry on how he wanted. It became apparent he was doing little to get the car finished. It actually suited him that I started questioning why because it gave him reason in his mind to stop communicating. How dare I question him!!
Think I mentioned that when the previous owner visited with me he said the car looked the same as when he last saw it 2 years ago. I can't say that for sure but it is definitely not getting done now!!!!