View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:04

Paulm321 is on a distinguished road
Default Re-body Inspections

Hi
Was going to ring Gary about this one but thought it might benefit others who will have to go through this;
I tried to book an appointment with my local DVLA, (Borehamwood Herts) to arrange the body change inspection. You can't get their direct number to speak to them only a number that goes to Swansea. So I called it, after 10 mins of option1 then option 4 then option 2...... finally got to speak to someone, who frankly knew nothing about it, even after I'd explained what other people i.e Gary and others had said on here, He had to go and ask a supervisor 3 times, and three times he came back with different answer. Once telling me, I need to get Mot, proof of insurance, form this and form that, first registration fee, receipts of all parts bought etc. I said no I don't I just need a free visual inspection, in the end the best he could come up with was for me to send my V5 in to the local DVLA office with a covering note, listing the change of body type and if they deemed it necessary they would write to me requesting an inspection.
Sorry this is so long (This IS the edited version) but all I want to know is (Gary) HOW DO YOU ARRANGE THE INSPECTIONS AT YOUR LOCAL DVLA! ?
Available from eBay