Thread: 250 SWB On Ebay
View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:38

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ....My visits to Tribute HQ have regularly seen cars at various stages of build where the customer has asked for a ''few changes'' ..a fitting of the kit to a car totally unsuitable for the kit in the way it was designed etc etc. this type of job never pays for itself , Tribute will have been losing money trying to keep customers happy ...I have been there , so know how it works ..I've had customers turn up when I was hungry for work and you will agree to do jobs that just aren't viable and end up working for less than minimum wage to achieve your goal and attempt to keep a customer happy .....
Threads like the ''what would you get Chris to build for you '' one , although are interesting and the virtual pub chat is entertaining , it does outline just how people don't realise how much effort and hours go into creating a facsimile of an existing car style and just how inappropriate some donors are ...overlaying 2 pictures on photoshop can build anything you like - on the screen ..... I think Chris has spent way too much time trying to accommodate that type of customer over the years and spread himself a bit thin at times ....The kits are selling well , a 2 man operation is running at full steam keeping that going , the space is limited ...there just isn't the time or space to entertain those builds anymore ...