View Single Post
Old 27th June 2017, 05:52

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Gary – Cheers.

It looks like the combination of real work and rain will keep me away from the car for a few days.

I just need to think about the timings for the final coats of BRG and the flatting back of keys areas.

For example, the sides of the body shell can wait until I’m back on the road before they need to be smooth.

Whereas, it makes sense to flat back areas around the lights, mirrors, screens, etc, before bolting things back on.

Similarly, the bonnet nose needs to be finished so I can paint the yellow band around the grille opening.
( Unfortunately, this is one of my repair areas, which needs me to carefully build up the layers of BRG. )

Either way, I do expect to be back on the road, sometime in July.

And I’d really like the car to be as shiny as I can get it, complete with stickers, before its 2nd MOT in August.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Molleur – Thanks.

Don’t worry, I will definitely finish the job, it is just a question of how long it will take me.

Even if the 2nd tin of BRG isn’t as ‘deep’ in colour as the 1st, the car does look much better painted.

Although I do fear that the bonnet may end up with some traces of the worst/deepest cracking.
( Despite me adding extra layers of paint over the repairs. )

But that is OK, as this has been a ’Frankenstein Hillbilly’ build for a number of years now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cheers, Paul.