View Single Post
Old 30th June 2017, 15:28

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Jones - Cheers Ian.

Thankfully, I've broken the back of the painting work, so now I just need to finish it off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another Step Closer:
Apologies for the blurred photo, but I sanded the last of the repair areas on the body shell on Thursday.

Then I had some time today to get some BRG over the repairs and leave the body shell uncovered for the paint to dry.

Note: You can clearly see the two different shades on green on the cockpit sides.

Which is why I plan to add a final top coat over, so ensure it is all the same colour in the end.

Given the fact I ordered another tin of paint to ensure I had enough, I'm not 100% sure what shade the final colour will be.

At least this was the first time I managed to get any BRG on these two areas without any wrinkles appearing.

Back in the tent, I cut up another wire hanger so I could paint both of these things at the same time.

I added some fresh paint to the bottom inside edge of the passenger hump on the boot lid.

Note: I've started to flat back the middle of the boot lid in preparation for the final coat.

The repaired areas around the bonnet nose were also given another coat of BRG.

I now have just a week before the tent needs to come down so the tree surgeon can tackle the garden.

With a bit of luck I think I will be able to finish all the painting of these parts in that time.

Although the final flat, cut & polish may have to take place on the driveway.

Until next time, take care, Paul.