View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2017, 18:03

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Oxford & Moulleur - Thanks chaps.

Oxford - I am actually trying really hard to resist the temptation to skip the last bit of flatting back.

If anything, I may be trying too hard to get a smooth surface, as I've broken through the BRG in a few places now.

As I was wiping the car down earlier today, you get a hint of how it should polish up to a reasonable finish.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prepping for final round of painting.
My reward for being dragged around the shops for hours with my wife and daughters earlier, was a few more hours sanding.

Hard to get a decent photo of the huge run in the yellow paint.

Unfortunately, it is a lot easier to see where it was.

I'm still working my way around the car, trying to reach an even standard all around.

As mentioned above, I now have a few more areas to touch up with BRG.

Thankfully, there is a decent weather forecast for tomorrow, so I plan to apply the final coats of BRG & Yellow.

As the harsh reality is the chances of me getting a long dry day will keep on reducing the longer I take to finish.

So I have to draw a line in the sand somewhere and I think tomorrow is gong to be it.

After that, if I have any more problems with the paint, I will just have to wait until the Spring to fix them.

As I really need to get this car back on the road now before I start running out of daylight as well as dry weather.

Until next time, take care, Paul.