View Single Post
Old 12th April 2019, 15:02

Barber is on a distinguished road
Default April Update

I went down to see Chris and the progress on the car this morning. The front is nearly finished. Unfortunately, moving the edges of the trout pout with filler means that it isn't seen well in these photos. But it now matches the Ford grill. It has also been squared front to back on each side. The inherited pan front nearside bonnet is dealt with. It is probably finished by the time i type this. We discussed the merits of how the scoop follows either the bonnet insert lines or the wing lines. The former is how it is currently, the latter would mean widening the taper nearest to the windscreen a couple of inches either side. I prefer how it is now.

Now that the nearside is pretty much finished, Chris needs to re-visit the driver side to match it, but that should go quite quickly. The wheel arches have been reworked to fit my wheels.

Progress should accelerate now that the final lines are agreed, and Chris plans to get some additional help to finish off the buck. However, it won't be finalised until the window frame outlines have been made up and trial fitted.

The back has been smoothed out as agreed, and the shoulder adjacent to the rear quarter light profiled to fit better with the overall flow. Not shown here, but the plastic / chrome windscreen trim sets the rear screen off nicely.

The petrol cap looks a little small here, but it will be recessed into a bucket, so the visual impact will be greater. Having seen Molleur's placement (thanks matey), we may replicate with the cap at the highest point to facilitate filling. Not so much like the AM, but very similar to other Zagato placements.

I'll be back down there for a progress update and more photos in May. Thanks to all you chaps who keep posting on the forum (not just this thread) your ideas and experience are invaluable.

The Z3 has got new brake callipers, one of them seized and b*ggered the new disc and pads, hohum.