View Single Post
Old 21st June 2017, 07:30

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I think leaving plenty of time between coats to dry is definitely the right approach ..this weather is a little against you , I feel as the paint will start to dry out as you apply it , but not dry enough to add to ..so it will drag a bit , if you aren't careful ...

I personally , wouldn't get too worked up about out getting 100% coverage with primer , either ...its annoying when it breaks through to the surface underneath , but a couple of little breakthroughs aren't going to matter too much ....you could spend forever chasing the primer and , seeing as how you are putting a brush applied top coat on , its not that crucial ...in my opinion ..

I think taking the weather into account , I would go for the several coats approach ...put a thinnish first coat on , not getting too stressed about it being patchy ...then cut the lawn or clean the driveway or something , come back to it after a good time of drying , put another coat on ..leave that to dry ....then another ...etc..etc... less chance of reaction , less chance of getting crazy runs that will need dealing with ...its a longer procedure , but its the way I would do it ... you could even lightly flat back between coats to take some of the elbow grease out of final polish ...... I know its frustrating , but you are sooo close now to having that 5 year itch scratched ...shame to rush the last stages ...