View Single Post
Old 28th September 2021, 16:54
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

I'm now back working on the doors again......
The next job on the list is to refit the door windows and their electric winding mechanisms.
I started by refitting the window channels and some new velvet covered rubber channel runners. I then trial fitted the window glass and quickly discovered that it clashed with interior handle control rod. It was then that I realised the control rod has to be fitted above the inner door skin (i.e. between the inner door skin and the door trim panel). At first this looked like a lot of re-work but I manged to rebend the existing rod and cut a new slot for the supporting clip.
This is how it is supposed to be fitted....

Internal handle control rod by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

A couple of hours of knuckle scrapping and it was re-fitted correctly.

Also, potentially fouling on the window glass was the nut and bolt I fitted to stop the lateral movement of the handle. The new arrangement consists of an aluminium strip bolted to the handle and then fixed to the inner skin well away from the window glass.

Internal handle fixing by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

The window glass now slides up and down smoothly, without any issues.

I'm now working on fitting the weather strip but I also need to fit the chrome strip and the wing mirror as you can't get to the fixing nuts of these once the glass is in place.

Until next time, stay safe..........

............peter