View Single Post
Old 27th December 2017, 12:31

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Default chassis

Hi Ross

I've watched endless videos like these. My idea is to keep the front suspension pivot /mount points the same as the deon just reducing the centre chassis distance by the required amount. The deon uses a mini rack with extensions screwed on to the steering arms which are used to eliminate bump steer. I can screw these further onto the threaded steering arms to keep the set up the same.I intend to use a billet upright designed around the fiat 124 upright so kingpin/inclination and camber will be the same as the deon.
It's at the rear where I was looking into using a strut,mainly to give me more room in the engine bay.
I've a spare v6 engine that I'm mating to a toyota mr2 turbo box too and this will be my starting point. Just got to get my adaptor plate machined up and the start with an engine bay.If I can work it with double wishbones I will but my problem here is the engine and box will be 25mm wider overall than the deon v6 set up with the chassis reducing by 40mm (I think) so a 65mm reduction of space overall.

ian