View Single Post
Old 12th February 2021, 11:58

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Default dino

Hi there
Did you get any further with you search for a dino shell? Your quite right that the Jhc/Deon/DE Haviland 206 wheel base/rear wheel arch was altered to fit the Europa chassis. It was moved about 2 inch/50 mm inward towards the centre of the car. Also about 3 inch or 75mm was removed from the rear section and the boot. This may account for the rear looking odd/droopy/stumpy. The front droop varies from car to car and I'm told it was not on the original body fitted to the Europa chassis. The droopy front seems to have appeared at the time JHC had the production moulds made. Some claim it was when the floor moulding was bonded to the upper body moulding. The droopy nose also resulted in the bonnet being made 10/15mm longer on these cars.
Cascu knows the heritage of the moulds he has, and will tell you in person (I wont reveal here)and he also supplies chassis/chassis part to real Ferrari Dino owners. His interior parts/mouldings are also supplied to numerus Ferrari suppliers. I've attached a couple of photo's of cascu panels against the deon ones (mines a deon) the longer deon bonnet and boot. Engine cover is almost spot on.
Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1192.jpg (85.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1193.jpg (89.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1188.jpg (82.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1187.jpg (87.4 KB, 36 views)