View Single Post
Old 25th December 2018, 08:54

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default The Easy Option x 2

I wandered down to the cave the other day to address the problem of enabling cable operation of the DCD. I decided that I could probably cobble together something that would work. Some sort of cable locating bracket would be needed so out came the cardboard and scissors and, half an hour later, my demon design had been transferred to aluminium angle and mounted on the carb. The inner cable's clamp would have to be a drilled bolt, free to swivel as the cable moved.

I then decided that my puny effort was, in fact, rubbish, and went indoors to see what was commercially available. An Ebay search turned up this spiffing item, reasonably priced at £29.99 inc. postage, which arrived the very next day. Excellent!

Dpaz, sadly, I don't have a lathe, but I do have the perfect steering wheel centre which hearkens back to my kit car spiritual roots. This has graced quite a few of my creations over the years and will suit the Monaco admirably.

The DOC logo was designed by a very good kit-car friend of 35 year's standing who lives locally. He has a Dutton B Type I sold him in '93 (£50!) awaiting his retirement for rebuilding with a Lotus 907 dual overhead cam, 16-valve all-alloy engine. The 144 BHP should ensure decent performance.

Season's Greetings, Mick

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 26th December 2018 at 07:31.. Reason: Faulty memory!