View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:34

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Project Review - Part 3:
I made a battery box to replace the original one which I'd cut out as it was both badly repaired & rotten.

I beefed up the back of the dash to support a new battery cut off switch.

Every edge that the gearbox cover mounted to needed to be patched / repaired.

At this point I took a short break from working on the bulkhead to work on other parts of the build.

Before finally returning to make and fit new crush tubes for one of the bulkhead mounting sections.

Clearly if you just looked at the finished bulkhead you would have no idea just how much work was involved.

Which I guess sums up my frustration with the amount of effort I've put in compared to the visible progress I appear to have made.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

February 2014 to February 2015
One of the jobs I started tinkering with while working on the bulkhead was "recycling" my original donor's dash board.

Hard to believe that there is a year between the photo above and the one below when the fog light switch went back in.

Note: I'd already re-used the original fog light switch hole for the relocated choke lever & filled in the original choke hole.

All three sections of the dash had wood filler pressed into the grain/cracks & were then treated with wood strain / protection.

I also added some extra supporting brackets at the back of the dash to help fix it in place.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

March 2014 to February 2015
Wiring is another one of those jobs that I have kept dipping into as the build progresses.

From extending the loom to include an extra bulb for the new oil pressure gauge back in March 2014.

To testing the loom in February 2015.

At least I've now reached the point where the next job will be to re-fit the wiring loom to the Moon Rover for the final few adjustments.

End of Part 3...