Thread: Dutton Dementia
View Single Post
Old 12th September 2022, 13:31

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default This and that...

Hi Dpaz, didn't realise you'd been laid low, best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Hi redratbike, when I tow the frame over to my welder for engine mountings, I'll ask him to put a blob in each side panel rivet hole as I'll be fitting new ally. I'll keep the GRP body mounting holes, drill them slightly oversize and use my lazy tongs for appropriately sized rivets.

After the Gloucester Goes Retro shenanigans, I had another camping weekend at The Overland Event near Oxford, so progress has been limited to cutting up my 1 1/2" angle for the seat belt mounting gismo and rivetting it together prior to welding - I need to do it this way as it has to fit very precisely between the frame cross members.

I got back from The Beaulieu Autojumble at about 2000 yesterday bearing my spoils, including, unusually, some car parts amongst the Biggles books and old magazines which I normally snag. I bought a pair of rear Armstrongs, new in their boxes for sixty quid, and a 3 x 2" instrument under dash mounting bracket - the twin of that I fitted to my original Phaeton (nostalgia rules!) for just three .

My internet woes were finally (hopefully) over this morning when I fitted my new fibre-friendly server, filter, and cable: it all seems lightning fast now!

Regards, Mick