Thread: Dutton Dementia
View Single Post
Old 25th September 2022, 06:41

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Quick update.

After a busy Friday, I returned to the cave and tackled the remaining doable L rear suspension tasks. The jumbo socket proved the perfect drift for knocking in the front bush, and likewise my home made puller for the rear ones. I ran a die down the U bolt threads before refitting the spring to the axle. It was a bit of a fiddle as they had spread a little and needed to be compressed parallel for fitting the spring's baseplate. I used my water pump pliers in one hand whilst slipping on the baseplate with the other - fiddly but effective. Back on with the half shaft etc. and that side was done, bar the shock absorber, for whose bottom eye I'll need a new bolt.

Learning from my nearside stupidity, I jacked up the offside and whipped off the spring in no time ready for today's efforts. With impeccable timing the nice man then appeared with my Ebay purchased three point harnesses, which look absolutely mint and a snip at fifty quid the pair inc. postage. Result!

The positioning of the nuts welded on as four point top fixings is suspect, unless both he (she?) and prospective passengers were of bizarre morphology. I'll chisel or disc them off for repositioning of the two now required.

Regards, Mick